Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday-- when girlfriends and mistresses meet..

The big day is finally here... after 5 preseason, 17 regular season and 4 postseason weeks the grand finale is here. Two legacies... a world of uncertainty and plenty of food with questionable nutritional value. Plus a hall call.

First, let the record show I will be at my friend Larry's house for the game. So that means plenty of buffalo wing dip (chicken puree, bleu cheese dressing and wing sauce) and butter bars (60% butter, 30% sugar and 20% shortening... don't tell me its bad math because I have consumed about 50 or so over the years and trust me, it adds up)... while being asked every five minutes if I'm having a good time.

Team of the 60's against the team of the 70's-- in 2011. Two stories franchises facing off for the title... and do I admit I like both? You see... I grew up in New England and have had family in the Patriots employ over the years. So I was somewhat stomach punched when they lost to the New York Jets. Growing up in an era when the Pats were usually home by Christmas I would often look elsewhere in he playoffs... and let's just say I took on a mistress. The Steelers were charming and they always seemed to do things the right way. My AFC mistress wears black and gold. Now in the northeast one was fed a steady diet of how great the NFC East was... and the constant chest thumping turned my sympathetic eye to a badly run smalltown franchise. There- I said it. The Packers are my NFC girlfriend. Do I paint my face for them? No, but I like how both teams are run and like to see them do well. And I won't leave my NFL wife, EVER.

Actual game analysis-- expect plenty of points on the fast track -- I think that with Pittsburgh's OL issues will be a problem. And it just seems like Aaron Rodgers' year. Packers, 30-24.

Labor Pains-- it appears as though management and the union are at an impasse... and a lockout looms wit issues lime health care... 18 game seasons and revenue streams the focus. It's millionaire players battling billionaire ownersand the fans wind up losing out.

Hall Hell-- congratulations to former Redskins LB Chris Hanburger for getting into the HOF. I'm sure he'll give the Canton festivities humility in the face of Deion Sanders...btw will the neon one be enshrined as a Redskin? I just wish they'd put Ray Guy in Canton... Marvin Miller in Cooperstown... and the Moody Blues in Cleveland.

2 comments:

GroovaciousK said...

Cute. Clever.

ellick erickson said...

Your pretty good. Only 2 points off on the score. Did you know that Xtina would mess up the national anthem? I didn't.

I was a Redskins fan during the Theisman, Riggins, Hogs, Fun Bunch era. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan now. Thanks alot LT, you dumas